Trinny and Susannah
I am now on a mission to plan my wardrobe – before buying anything else. So I’ve started researching.
First stop is Trinny and Susannah with their tips on what suits your body shape.
Since last I saw T&S they have developed this theory of 12 body shapes – back in 2007. (Oops. A tad old). According to their theory I should be looking for:
- Tops: deep V, wide scoop, 3/4 sleeve, small print
- Cardigans: wrap, cross over
- Jackets: waisted, 3/4 length
- Pants: skinny or slim
- Dresses: low waist, small print
- Skirts: low waist, flared or A line
- Belts: Thick
I should be avoiding:
- Tops: baggy sacks, thin straps
- Jackets: double breasted
- Pants: wide legged
- Belts: Thin
So far, so good.
Here are all twelve of their body types:
- My top half is neat, but I hate my big bum and thighs (you’re a Skittle),
- Whatever I wear, I always feel big (read the Cello),
- My tummy dictates how I dress (we have great tips for Apples).
- My body is like a boy’s. I find it difficult to look feminine (read our advice for the Cornet).
- I feel most uncomfortable wearing a swimsuit because of my saddlebags and chunky calves (you are a Pear),
- With my shape, I always play it safe (reading the Column should sort you out),
- I’m really big up top, but people admire my legs (then you must be a Goblet),
- My bum is wider than my shoulders. I can never find a dress to fit (read the Bell),
- My boobs direct the way I dress (the classic Hourglass).
- I’ve got enormous knockers, and life was difficult growing up, but I ve learned to live with them (give thanks, you’re a Lollipop),
- I know I have a shape somewhere, but I can t seem to find it (don’t worry, a Brick can look so glamorous) or
- People find my figure sexy, but I sometimes just feel frumpy (that’s because you’re a Vase).
(By the by, have you read this sad article here? I do worry that an interest in fashion is an expensive hobby)