I’m trying to develop my own list of “Essential Pieces”. As I do bother to work sometimes, my list needs to include work items.
I found this list from The Grindstone – 8 Essential Work Pieces:
- Black blazer
- Pencil Skirt
- Day to Night Dress
- Good bra
- Timeless Jewellery – pearls, silver.
- Trench Coat – I don’t agree with this. Not for Australia anyway.
- A Good Pair of Heels – Even I have an emergency pair for first time meetings with new clients
- Great Handbag – I think logo’ed designer handbags are inappropriate. Timeless handbag I’d say.
It’s not a great list, I have to say. But it’s a start. I want a list so that when I wake up in the morning, I don’t stress about ‘what I’m going to wear’. It’s all there. Is that unrealistic?
I also couldn’t help but click on this link:
9 Fashion Blunders that will undermine your presence at work.
- Loud makeup
- Loud nails
- Bad roots
- Messy hair
- Visible underpants line
- No bra
- Ill fitting clothes (too tight)
- Too sexy
- Lipstick on teeth
Lipstick on teeth is a bit harsh. I wouldn’t call it a career ending blunder.