I’ve been browsing the blogs in this year’s Bloggies.
Some new (to me) web-sites that I’ve checked out, and I reckon are worth visiting are:
- The Fox is Black – Wow. Wow. Wow. Beautiful design stuff. Straight to the top of my bookmarks. (Finalist Best Art, Craft or Design blog)
- A Beautiful Mess – Full of inspirational, beautiful images. Lots of handmade, crafty, creative ideas. (Finalist Best Art, Craft or Design blog)
- Craft Fail – I guess there’s similar stuff out there, but I did laugh out loud at some of the fail photos. (Finalist humorous blog).
- Illustrated with Crappy Pictures – I don’t usually get into parenting web-sites but I love the humour of this family. I started looking at one post and was hooked. (Finalist humorous blog).
- Tracy on the Rocks – I reckon she should have been in (and won) the best writing section. Lovely short, well written blog stories. (Finalist humorous blog).
- The Pioneer Woman – Just visit her home page to see all the amazing food ideas. (Has won best food blog 3 times already).
- Small Dead Animals – Lots of links I haven’t seen elsewhere to funny things or science. (Winner of Best Canadian blog. Finalist Community and Lifetime).
Sites that I already knew about, and have bookmarked already but are still worth noting:
- What I Wore – An OOTD site. I share Jessica’s taste and find her site inspirational. (Finalist in Fashion blog).
- Manrepeller – OK everyone has heard of the Manrepeller. I’ve always been put off (repelled) by Leandra’s street style photos but actually her blog is kind of great. (Finalist in Fashion blog).
- Go Fug Yourself – funny (and a bit mean) red carpet fashion police (Best Fashion blog 3 times already)
- Jezebel – “Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing.” (Best Entertainment blog)
- Loobylu – an Australian illustrator in Canada (Best Designed blog 3 times already)
- Apartment Therapy – As a owner of a small home who lives with 2 hoarders, this site was made for me. I love a good storage solution. (Finalist Best Art, Craft or Design blog)
OK. I can’t help myself. Here’s just one photo from Craft Fail.