My Fitness Pal
I’ve just started using My Fitness Pal and I have to say that I am really impressed. This truly isn’t an infomercial. I promise. I just am amazed at the world we live in. That something like this could be free. It makes me realise that it is possible to get healthier without spending a fortune.
MFP is a FREE online website and app that you can use to track your daily food and exercise.
What I like about it is:
- It has a huge database of foods including most Australian foods.
- The food tracking gives you this great breakdown of nutrients so if you want to cut down on salt or sugar, it’s easy to track.
- If you are trying to lose or maintain your weight you can configure healthy daily goals and track towards them.
- The daily goals automatically update to allow for any exercise you track.
- Each day when I click on the Complete This Entry button, I get a little motivating message.
- You can link to many fitness apps. I have it linked to my scales and my walking tracker. So all my weight and exercise data is automatically added without me doing anything. (As a scientist I do love data!)
- It has great supportive forums and groups. There are groups for tall women, short women, older women. There are groups that share exercise challenges.
So, yeah, truthfully this isn’t a paid ad though I know it sounds like it. I will be interested to see if using this app becomes a habit or if I get bored of it after 3 days….
I’d love it if it was linked to Headspace so I could track my meditation too.