Dressing over 40
Here are my rules:
1) Wear good undergarments – well fitted bra, slips, long tanks. A good foundation!
2) Shirts – have an interesting or big collar, or wear a scarf.
3) Jackets – either wear a long top with a crop jacket, or a short top with a long jacket or cardigan. No short cardigans.
4) Skirts – Don’t show your knees. Tuck your shirt in.
5) Wear a long, loose top with skinny jeans.
6) Shorts – only for casual wear (due to knee showing) and never cut-offs.
7) Thongs/Flip-flops – only for the beach. Wear leather sandals.
8) Dresses – see here.
Here are rules I am considering…
- Don’t wear coloured jeans after 40 – blue, black, white or cargo green are the only colours you should wear over 40.
- Don’t wear baggy cargo shorts after 40
5th October, 2012