Over 40 Style Blogs
Here’s my collection of over 40 style blogs.
This isn’t a list of random sites. I regularly update this collection (every few months).
As always, everyone’s tastes are different. So please don’t take my opinion too seriously. Check them all out. You might find some gems here that you love.
My favourites – the style blogs that I regularly visit.
- Girls of a Certain Age – Interesting links and fashion finds from Kim France.
- That’s Not My Age – Entertaining articles on style from Alyson Walsh.
- The Online Stylist – Classy fashion finds from a fashion industry insider.
- Styling You – Nikki Parkinson keeps it real. I love her Model and Mes.
- Allways in Fashion – Interesting writing about style with clever images.
Bookmark worthy – I don’t visit these sites every week, but I visit them when I have time to kill.
- A key to the Armoire – Classy OOTD site with a focus on colour combinations.
- A Pocketful of Polka Dots – How to look fabulous with bright red hair.
- A Well Styled Life – OOTD and style advice.
- Accidental Icon – Smart and fabulous.
- Ask Suzanne Bell – I like the look of this site.
- Brenda Kinsel – Love her style.
- Cab for Mrs Mutton – Funny fashion writing. Infrequent posts.
- Cashmere Lover – Lots of beautiful runway and designer images
- Catherine GraceO – Very fashionable.
- Chic over 50 – Great hair. Interesting style.
- Does my bum look 40 in this – *Kat shops a lot and I like her funny writing.
- Ephemera – One awesome wardrobe.
- Everything Just So – Link up to “How I Wear…”
- Fabulous After 40 – Magazine-like style advice from Deborah Boland.
- Fashion Should be Fun – Fun, wearable OOTDs with style blog link ups.
- Funky Forty – NEW
- High Heels in the Wilderness – A mix of blog with OOTD.
- Highland Fashionista – *One of the cooler OOTD sites.
- Inside Out Style Blog – Imogen Lamport is a style consultant.
- Jacket Society – I like the look of this site.
- J’Adore Couture – *One of the better OOTD blogs.
- Keeping it Fabulous – Fashion and lifestyle. NEW.
- Kremb de la Kremb – Great fashion articles and links.
- Look for the Woman – Women at work.
- Mama in Heels – An inspiring mum blog with OOTD and food.
- Midlife Chic – I like the look of this site.
- More Than Turquoise – I like the look of this site.
- My Small Wardrobe – OOTD blog. Great style.
- Not Dressed as Lamb – *One of the better OOTD sites.
- Privilege – An interesting combination of ideas and fashion.
- RetroChicMama – I like the look of this site.
- She She Show – I like the look of this site.
- Silver is the New Blonde – I like the look of this site.
- So What to Twenty – Californian OOTD with some inspirational writing
- Square Pearls – *Love her style.
- Style Crone – Another fabulous OOTD site
- Style Nudge – One of the better style sites with great OOTDs and links to other sites.
- Stylish Paradox – I like the look of this site.
- Susan after 60 – Classy OOTD. Previously “Fifty not frumpy”.
- Tamera Beardsley– *A love-filled website. Inspiring words and styling.
- Tanya Foster – I like the look of this site.
- The Age of Grace – Lovely OOTD. Very stylish.
- The Art Muse – Gorgeous images and OOTD.
- The Barefaced Chic – A mix of blog and OOTD photos from Yorkshire.
- The Elle Diaries – New York OOTD site.
- The Middle Page – I like the look of this site.
- The Midlife Fashionista – I like the look of this site.
- The Silver Stylist – I like the look of this site.
- The Vivienne Files – This site has loads of polyvore type outfit ideas.
- Trend Survivor – An inspiring Lifestyle website that includes food and fashion.
- Une Femme d’un Certain Age– Realistic, stylish OOTD and fashion finds.
- Valley of the Shoes – Some really great OOTD. Not so much about shoes.
- You Look Fab – Style advice by Angie Cox.
So, there you go, 58 sites full of interesting writing, great styling, things found and captured.
How did I get this list?
These are blogs that met my criteria.
– it was a STYLE blog (this meant that lots of awesome blogs I found were culled because they were too diary-ish).
– the blog wasn’t half filled with ads or broken links or used some 90’s template.
– the blog was updated in the last fortnight and is updated more than once a month
– each blog entry didn’t start: sorry I’ve been busy
– either I found myself reading each entry
– or I loved the images (there was good photography or great outfits)
– or there were links to shopping items or funny stories that matched my taste.
I had to get honest and cull blogs that I just knew I wouldn’t regularly read, though that doesn’t mean they aren’t awesome. I just didn’t connect with them.
Thank you ladies.
UPDATED: 25 November 2017.
Looking For Something Else….