Over 40 Style Blogs
Here’s my collection of over 40 style blogs.
This isn’t a list of random sites. I regularly update this collection (every few months).
As always, everyone’s tastes are different. So please don’t take my opinion too seriously. Check them all out. You might find some gems here that you love.
My favourites – the style blogs that I regularly visit.
- Girls of a Certain Age – Interesting links and fashion finds from Kim France.
- That’s Not My Age – Entertaining articles on style from Alyson Walsh.
- Allways in Fashion – Interesting writing about style with clever images.
Bookmark worthy – I don’t visit these sites every week, but I visit them when I have time to kill.
- A Pocketful of Polka Dots – Over 40 fashion.
- A Well Styled Life – OOTD and style advice.
- Accidental Icon – Smart and fabulous.
- Ask Suzanne Bell – American style.
- Brenda Kinsel – I like Brenda’s positive take on style.
- Catherine GraceO – Catherine is an Ageism Positivist.
- Chic over 50 – Great hair. Interesting style.
- Does my bum look 40 in this – Kat shops a lot and I like her funny writing.
- Ephemera – One awesome wardrobe.
- Fabulous After 40 – Magazine-like style advice from Deborah Boland.
- Fake Fabulous – For women who still want to have fun with fashion.
- Fashion Mum of 40 – A great style site.
- Fashion Should be Fun – Fun, wearable OOTDs with style blog link ups.
- Fashionista Over 40 – Fashionista style.
- Funky Forty – A fashion and lifestyle blog.
- High Heels in the Wilderness – A mix of blog with OOTD.
- Highland Fashionista – One of the cooler OOTD sites.
- Jacket Society – Nora models clothes from her store.
- J’Adore Couture – *One of the better OOTD blogs. Infrequent posts.
- Kremb de la Kremb – Great fashion articles and links.
- Look for the Woman – Taking a pause until August 2019.
- Midlife Chic – *Nikki used to edit Selfridges magazine.
- More Than Turquoise – An entertaining, stylish site.
- My Midlife Fashion – UK based style with lots of shopping links.
- My Small Wardrobe – OOTD blog. Great style.
- Not Dressed as Lamb – One of the better OOTD sites.
- Privilege – *An interesting combination of ideas and fashion.
- She She Show – American style with shopping links.
- Silver is the New Blonde – A positive, ageless lifestyle blog.
- Simply Start Living – Classy lifestyle blog from a fashion industry insider
- Square Pearls – *Love her style. Infrequent posts.
- Style Crone – Another fabulous OOTD site
- Styling You – Nikki Parkinson keeps it real. I love her Model and Mes.
- Susan after 60 – Classy OOTD. Previously “Fifty not frumpy”.
- Tamera Beardsley – A love-filled website. Inspiring words and styling.
- Tanya Foster – A gorgeous Dallas-based lifestyle blogger.
- The Age of Grace – Lovely OOTD. Very stylish.
- The Middle Page – American style. Fortnightly fab collabs.
- The Silver Stylist – I love her style. Affordable but inspiring.
- The Vivienne Files – This site has loads of polyvore type outfit ideas.
- You Look Fab – Style advice by Angie Cox.
So, there you go, 44 sites full of interesting writing, great styling, things found and captured.
How did I get this list?
These are blogs that met my criteria.
– it was a STYLE blog (this meant that lots of awesome blogs I found were culled because they were too diary-ish).
– the blog wasn’t half filled with ads or broken links or used some 90’s template.
– the blog was updated in the last fortnight and is updated more than once a month
– each blog entry didn’t start: sorry I’ve been busy
– either I found myself reading each entry
– or I loved the images (there was good photography or great outfits)
– or there were links to shopping items or funny stories that matched my taste.
I had to get honest and cull blogs that I just knew I wouldn’t regularly read, though that doesn’t mean they aren’t awesome. I just didn’t connect with them.
Thank you ladies.
UPDATED: 7 September 2019
Looking For Something Else….