Here’s my collection of over 40 style blogs.
This isn’t a list of random sites. I regularly update this collection (every few months).
Follow on Instagram. I find myself preferring Instagram these days, as my attention span is that of a goldfish.
@styledbysally – 56.3k followers. My favourite!
@doesmybumlook40 – 290k followers.
@blaireadiebee – 1.9m followers.
@venswifestyle – 133k followers.
@greceghanem – 771k followers.
@erica_davies – 187k followers.
@trays_lounge – 21.3k followers.
@msorriq – 68.6k followers.
@backofthewardrobe70 – 64.6k followers.
@squarepearls – 14.9k followers.
@stylecrone – 103k followers.
Bookmark worthy. You might find some gems here that you love. As always, everyone’s tastes are different. So please don’t take my opinion too seriously.
- A Well Styled Life – Jennifer is a stylist and image consultant providing Over 50 style advice.
- Accidental Icon – Smart and fabulous. Creating. Curating. Collaborating.
- Allways in Fashion – I visit this site for the writing.
- Ask Suzanne Bell – This blog is worth a look for its inspiring, uplifting, clever content.
- Awed by Monica – Fashion, grace, elegance and a timeless sense of style
- Catherine GraceO – Catherine is an Ageism Positivist. She’s all about mastering modern life.
- Chic over 50 – Shauna aims to inspire women over 50 to be confident and beautiful.
- Collagerie – curated fashion finds from Lucinda Chambers and Serena Hood.
- Ephemera – OOTD posts with lots of second-hand finds. One awesome wardrobe.
- Fabulous After 40 – Lots of fashion finds and style advice from Deborah Boland.
- Fashion Mum of 40 – Annmarie’s site is her creative outlet. Join her fashion journey.
- Fashion Should be Fun – Fun, wearable OOTDs with style blog link ups.
- Fashionista Over 40 – Fashionista style.
- Funky Forty – A fashion and lifestyle magazine style site.
- Girl with Curves – A very popular site and Instagram account. An award winning site since 2011.
- Girls of a Certain Age – Interesting links and fashion finds from Kim France.
- High Heels in the Wilderness – A mix of blog with OOTD.
- Highland Fashionista – One of the cooler OOTD sites.
- Jacket Society – Nora models clothes from her store.
- Midlife Chic – Nikki used to edit Selfridges magazine.
- More Than Turquoise – An entertaining, stylish site.
- My Midlife Fashion – UK based style with lots of shopping links.
- Not Dressed as Lamb – One of the better OOTD sites.
- She She Show – American style with shopping links.
- Silver is the New Blonde – A positive, ageless lifestyle blog.
- Simply Start Living – Classy lifestyle blog from a fashion industry insider
- Style Pantry – Folake Kuye Huntoon is a fashion influencer and creative director from LA
- Styling You – Nikki Parkinson keeps it real. (82.2k followers on IG)
- Susan after 60 – Classy OOTD. Previously “Fifty not frumpy”.
- Tamera Beardsley – A love-filled website. Inspiring words and styling.
- Tanya Foster – A gorgeous Dallas-based lifestyle blogger.
- That’s Not My Age – Entertaining articles on style from Alyson Walsh.
- The Middle Page – American style. Fortnightly fab collabs.
- The Vivienne Files – This site has loads of polyvore-type outfit ideas.
- Tonic – for Generation Visible, the women over 45 who refuse to fade away.
- You Look Fab – Style advice by Angie Cox.
So, there you go, 11 Instagrammers and 36 sites full of interesting writing, great styling, things found and captured.
How did I get this list?
These are blogs that met my criteria.
– it was a STYLE blog (this meant that lots of awesome blogs I found were culled because they were too diary-ish).
– the blog wasn’t half filled with ads or broken links or used some 90’s template.
– the blog was updated in the last fortnight and is updated more than once a month
– each blog entry didn’t start: sorry I’ve been busy
– either I found myself reading each entry
– or I loved the images (there was good photography or great outfits)
– or there were links to shopping items or funny stories that matched my taste.
I had to get honest and cull blogs that I just knew I wouldn’t regularly read, though that doesn’t mean they aren’t awesome. I just didn’t connect with them.
Thank you ladies.
UPDATED: 9 July 2022
Looking For Something Else….
Accessories Becoming a better person Books magazines and stationery Buddhism and mindfulness Career advice Clothing advice Clothing inspiration Etsy finds Food Hair & make-up Handbags Health & fitness Inspirational quotes Interior design Little treats Music TV and podcasts Other websites Over 40 style blogs Parenting Poetry Runway style Shoes Street style Style crushes Surviving cancer Ways to pass the time