Here’s my collection of over 40 style blogs.
This isn’t a list of random sites. I regularly update this collection (every few months).
Follow on Instagram. I find myself preferring Instagram these days, as my attention span is that of a goldfish.
@styledbysally – 56.3k followers. My favourite!
@doesmybumlook40 – 290k followers.
@blaireadiebee – 1.9m followers.
@venswifestyle – 133k followers.
@greceghanem – 771k followers.
@erica_davies – 187k followers.
@trays_lounge – 21.3k followers.
@msorriq – 68.6k followers.
@backofthewardrobe70 – 64.6k followers.
@squarepearls – 14.9k followers.
@stylecrone – 103k followers.
Bookmark worthy. You might find some gems here that you love. As always, everyone’s tastes are different. So please don’t take my opinion too seriously.
- A Well Styled Life – Jennifer is a stylist and image consultant providing Over 50 style advice.
- Accidental Icon – Smart and fabulous. Creating. Curating. Collaborating.
- Allways in Fashion – I visit this site for the writing.
- Ask Suzanne Bell – This blog is worth a look for its inspiring, uplifting, clever content.
- Awed by Monica – Fashion, grace, elegance and a timeless sense of style
- Catherine GraceO – Catherine is an Ageism Positivist. She’s all about mastering modern life.
- Chic over 50 – Shauna aims to inspire women over 50 to be confident and beautiful.
- Collagerie – curated fashion finds from Lucinda Chambers and Serena Hood.
- Ephemera – OOTD posts with lots of second-hand finds. One awesome wardrobe.
- Fabulous After 40 – Lots of fashion finds and style advice from Deborah Boland.
- Fashion Mum of 40 – Annmarie’s site is her creative outlet. Join her fashion journey.
- Fashion Should be Fun – Fun, wearable OOTDs with style blog link ups.
- Fashionista Over 40 – Fashionista style.
- Funky Forty – A fashion and lifestyle magazine style site.
- Girl with Curves – A very popular site and Instagram account. An award winning site since 2011.
- Girls of a Certain Age – Interesting links and fashion finds from Kim France.
- High Heels in the Wilderness – A mix of blog with OOTD.
- Highland Fashionista – One of the cooler OOTD sites.
- Jacket Society – Nora models clothes from her store.
- Midlife Chic – Nikki used to edit Selfridges magazine.
- More Than Turquoise – An entertaining, stylish site.
- My Midlife Fashion – UK based style with lots of shopping links.
- Not Dressed as Lamb – One of the better OOTD sites.
- She She Show – American style with shopping links.
- Silver is the New Blonde – A positive, ageless lifestyle blog.
- Simply Start Living – Classy lifestyle blog from a fashion industry insider
- Style Pantry – Folake Kuye Huntoon is a fashion influencer and creative director from LA
- Styling You – Nikki Parkinson keeps it real. (82.2k followers on IG)
- Susan after 60 – Classy OOTD. Previously “Fifty not frumpy”.
- Tamera Beardsley – A love-filled website. Inspiring words and styling.
- Tanya Foster – A gorgeous Dallas-based lifestyle blogger.
- That’s Not My Age – Entertaining articles on style from Alyson Walsh.
- The Middle Page – American style. Fortnightly fab collabs.
- The Vivienne Files – This site has loads of polyvore-type outfit ideas.
- Tonic – for Generation Visible, the women over 45 who refuse to fade away.
- You Look Fab – Style advice by Angie Cox.
So, there you go, 11 Instagrammers and 36 sites full of interesting writing, great styling, things found and captured.
How did I get this list?
These are blogs that met my criteria.
– it was a STYLE blog (this meant that lots of awesome blogs I found were culled because they were too diary-ish).
– the blog wasn’t half filled with ads or broken links or used some 90’s template.
– the blog was updated in the last fortnight and is updated more than once a month
– each blog entry didn’t start: sorry I’ve been busy
– either I found myself reading each entry
– or I loved the images (there was good photography or great outfits)
– or there were links to shopping items or funny stories that matched my taste.
I had to get honest and cull blogs that I just knew I wouldn’t regularly read, though that doesn’t mean they aren’t awesome. I just didn’t connect with them.
Thank you ladies.
UPDATED: 9 July 2022
Looking For Something Else….
Accessories Becoming a better person Books magazines and stationery Buddhism and mindfulness Career advice Clothing advice Clothing inspiration Etsy finds Food Hair & make-up Handbags Health & fitness Inspirational quotes Interior design Little treats Music TV and podcasts Other websites Over 40 style blogs Parenting Poetry Runway style Shoes Street style Style crushes Surviving cancer Ways to pass the time
I love your list, though I might be biased since I’m on it! Thanks sooo much!
Gutted not to be on it, but I am a relative newcomer. Check me out: cabformrsmutton.blogspot.co.uk
I just wanted to say thank you
I’m super thrilled to be bookmark-worthy! You totally made my day! Thanks a million for the support. I’m so grateful.
Great list! I already read quite a few blogs on this list, but I look forward to checking out the others!
[…] Over 40 Style Blogs […]
Thank you so much for the mention! I am in the middle of a new design and switch to WordPress, so things are kind of off the norm at the moment, but I am trying to minimize the downtime as much as possible. Looking forward to checking out some suggestions for new blog reads!
Hi! Thanks for this list. I have just redesigned and relaunched my own glossy fashion blog that I would love to share with you: http://www.keepingitfabulous.com. It is great to see such an extensive list of other 40’somethings rocking it too and looking forward to joining that community! S x
Thanks for the list and for including Fabulous After 40. This is a very handy way to get to know bloggers in our niche, which is expanding like crazy!
[…] Over 40 Style Blogs […]
[…] Over 40 Style Blogs […]
Wow! Great list. I can’t believe I hadn’t heard of most of these blogs!. I’m like a kid in a candy store. I can’t wait to visit them and learn new ideas for my 40-something style. 🙂
Thanks for compiling.
Great list! Lots to read. I am Joanna, a teacher/blogger who lives in Greece. I love to blog (i have two blogs) and I enjoy writing about shopping, makeup, planning, books and thoughts that pop into my head!I’d love for you to pop by. I am at http://www.mypinkrambles.com
This is a fantastic list. Thank you. I launched my style blog http://www.keepingitfabulous.com at the beginning of February. I am over 40 but hope to attract women of all ages to my blog! Please take a look if you get time. Thanks! Sharron
[…] Over 40 Style Blogs […]
what about http://www.olivastyleblog.com? Great blog for women over 40 too!
Hi I love your list. I also have an Over 40 Fashion blog since December 2014 http://www.funkyforty.com. Would be amazing if you could check it out and thin of adding me next time you update your list.
Hope you check us out at: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/. We are for and about women of a certain age,
Hi – Thanks for this useful list! My friend and I started a lifestyle blog for women in their 40s that covers fashion, cosmetics, cocktails, healthy eats, books, fitness, and parenting teens and tweens. I hope you’ll check it out for your next list. We’d love feedback! The blog is http://www.nearlyallthings.com.
I started a blog of my own with a friend and getting onto useful lists like this, really is the dream. My own blog goes from helping guide and teaches those that are really unsure about fashion, all the way through to putting together style and lifestyle guides.
Thanks a lot
What a great list. I am bookmarking this page in hopes to check out all the blogs you listed. I too have a lifestyle blog that I hope to grow this year. Check it out http://www.InspiredDelight.com
Wow! It’s so heartening to see beautiful and confident 40+ women, also refusing to succumb to styling obscurity. Styling is a powerful way to express our personalities, and our personalities become richer with age don’t you think? After nearly falling into the invisibility trap, I’ve bounced back fighting; for more media recognition, for inspiring other women to wear what the hell they like, regardless of age or body type. Would love for others to support my cause so our voices can be louder 😃 I’m in the process of building a blog website however for now you can find me on Insta @frockageing 💖
The list that you shared is amazing and I’m bookmarking this site. Thanks for sharing it
Hope you guys will take a look at us: http://www.thisisyourbestyear.com. Enjoy, Maricia
[…] https://likesofmeblog.com/the-over-40-edit/ https://jolynneshane.com/my-favorite-over-40-fashion-blogs.html […]
Hope you take a look at us at: http://www.thisisyourbestyear.com. A blog for and about women of a certain age.
Artigiano has an amazing blog called La Bella Figura that posts very frequently and caters to women over 40 with Italian Fashion: https://www.artigiano.co.uk/labella-figura-blog/
[…] fantastic and thorough list of over 40 style blogs I’d not seen before (the list, not the blogs). Loads of inspiration to plough […]
Amazing site. I just got started in the fashion world with my only clothing store online. I just started to dabble in bloggin. You can find my site at https://three6teen.com/blogs/news
Here available shirt in different colour